Have you ever been in love?

Love is the topic that gets warped and twisted into context that doesn't always flatter the most romantic souls. Love is one of the most wonderful and important experiences to have in this life time. Don't you want to love someone who is going to love you with more passion than you thought humanly possible? Or do you want to be tomorrow's next headline, "Another Cheater, Another Broken Heart"? Here are some good and bad examples of couples past and present to learn from when it comes to the topic of love, as well as some tips on how to remain faithful and happy.

4/21/10

#63 Colts Center Jeff Saturday

In opposotion to the "Tigers" of today, there is a certain couple that comes to mind.  I personally got to meet and listen to a famous couple today that value their love and honor God in the process.  This coulpe is Jeff and Karen Saturday.  Saturday, number 63 for the NFL football team The Indianapolis Colts, explained how he was the exception for men in his profession, in that he is happily married, with children, to his high school sweetheart.  He further explained how he and his wife have been alienated from their friends and society to a degree because of their choice to remain faithful to each other.  Jeff said, "Men are in and out of the NFL all the time. I have seen and have had guys come to me telling me thier wives found out they were cheating.  I've even had guys tell me they've gotten other women pregnant and don't know how to tell their wives.  I just thank God my wife and I are committed to each other. Who wants to deal with that hardship?" What kind of society  do we live in where people who are faithful to each other are shunned?  Hopefully this gives some insight to why real love and fidelity are worth persuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment